Terms and Conditions
Worcestershire Hospices Lottery
- 1) Your purchase of Worcestershire Hospices Lottery entries is from the Promoter, solely in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 2) You represent and agree that:
a) You are 18 years of age or over;
b) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to the lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18; and
c) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address, telephone number and email address and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
- 3) You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraphs 3 (a), (b) and (c) above.
- 4) You accept that the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances we may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your Lottery entries.
- 5) The prizes for the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery are printed on the tickets, in the leaflets provided and are advertised on the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery website. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure, via the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery website.
- 6) Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the unclaimed prizes will be treated as a donation.
- 7) The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Members may purchase more than one entry but ideally no more than 10. Payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted.
- 8) The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme.
- 9) The Promoter will conduct the lottery every Friday. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
- 10) The winning numbers will be published on the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery website and via the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery Office helpline from the following working day. Please telephone 01905 958267 (Monday to Friday, between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm).
- 11) No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- 12) The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
- 13) The Promoter operates a Complaints And Disputes Procedure which is accessible by clicking here and which will also be made available to customers upon request.
- 14) The Promoter is committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the Responsible Gambling Guide by clicking here, or request further information via the lottery helpline on 01905 958267.
- 15) Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations. If you cancel your lottery subscription, any credit will be used to continue playing your unique number(s) in the weekly draw until that credit expires, unless a refund is specifically requested. Unclaimed amounts and balances under £1 will be treated as donations. If you subscribe by Direct Debit or standing order, it is your responsibility to cancel this with your bank.
- 16) Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- 17) The Promoters are not liable to you for:
a) Loss or damage, including the right to receive a prize, suffered by you if you have not complied with these terms and conditions, any relevant participation instructions or the Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice outlined from time to time by the Gambling Commission, under legislation laid down in the Gambling Act 2005;
b) The Promoter's failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details you have provided, or your failure to update these if they change;
c) Loss or damage incurred by you in connection with or arising from the use of the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery prizes or participation in the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery;
d) Any delays or failures in the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery website, or any software, hardware or any other systems used by the Promoters for the administration of the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery; or
e) Any failure or delay beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
- 18) The Promoters are not liable to you in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery for loss of venue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation.
- 19) All warranties, conditions or guarantees relating to the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery made by or on behalf of a Promoters whether express or implied by law, in the course of dealings or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- 20) The Promoter's liability to you shall be limited to the amount of any prize which has become due to you.