Worcestershire Hospices Lottery Ltd (“WHL”, Company Registration No. 3689508) is jointly owned by Acorns Children's Hospice Trust (Registered Charity No. 700859), Primrose Hospice (Registered Charity No. 700272) and St Richard's Hospice (Registered Charity No. 515668).
- markets and promotes the Worcestershire Hospices Lottery, with all proceeds going to WHL and all profits being shared equally between the three hospice beneficiaries; and
- is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission (Website: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk), under account number 5065.
Mark Hopton (Chairman of the WHL Board of Directors and a Qualified Person with the Gambling Commission) will act as the person responsible for the Lottery, on behalf of WHL (“Responsible Person”).
WHL has contracted with StarVale Management & Technologies Limited, an External Lottery Manager (“ELM”) which is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 3273.
WHL is committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy – and we will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
The WHL Board of Directors is responsible for maintaining and developing this policy.
How do we obtain personal information from you?
We obtain personal information from you directly, in the capacity of a data controller, if you have contacted WHL, or we have contacted you, regarding the Lottery, or if you are one of our employees or approved third party agents.
How may we collect personal information about you?
We may collect personal information about you:
- From publicly available, official sources such as Companies House, the Charity Commission or the Gambling Commission;
- If you visit the WHL Website, inclusive of your computing device’s IP address, information about your visits, your browsing history and how you used the Website;
- If you contact us by telephone, email or post; or
- Via one of our approved third party agents. This information may be combined with other information you provide us with, as described above.
What personal information do we collect?
We may record telephone conversations we receive and we could collect the following types of information from you:
- Names, telephone numbers and email addresses of our third party agents’ staff or any person communicating with us by telephone, email or post;
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, bank details, debit/credit card details (but specifically excluding the electronic storage of such card details), data contact preferences, the value of any Lottery subscriptions or donations received and the data contact preferences of our Lottery members and players; and
- Names, addresses, prize values and prize winners’ cheque numbers of our Lottery players that have won a prize in one of our Lotteries, or any Free Prize Draws which we may conduct from time to time.
We do not collect sensitive personal data.
How we use the personal information.
We use the personal information we have collected lawfully, fairly and transparently, in order to facilitate participation in our Lottery and in some cases participation in Free Prize Draws which we may conduct from time to time.
Who has access to your personal information?
The information our Lottery members provide is held securely by our ELM, in the capacity of a data processor.
WHL will never disclose any of your information to anyone other than our ELM, unless we are legally obliged to do so.
How can you access and update your personal information?
If you are a Lottery Member, you can contact us:
- by telephone, via the Lottery helpline on 01905 958267;
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- you can write to us at Worcestershire Hospices Lottery, P.O. Box 653, Galgate, Lancaster LA2 0XB.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed of.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to: (i) our ELM; (ii) those third party agents who have had a business need to obtain your personal data and who have been approved to do so by WHL; and (iii) regulators who we have a legal obligation to provide it to.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for as long as our legal or client obligations require, but typically for as long as you are a Lottery member.
Transferring your personal data outside of Europe
WHL will never transfer your data to countries outside of the European Union.
Reviewing this policy
This policy was last updated on 14th January 2022 and will be reviewed as and when current data protection legislation changes; or otherwise on an annual basis, in January each year, when our ELM undertakes its annual security audit, that is completed by an independent, third party, ISO 27001 approved auditor.